I was tagged by my cousin Rebecca to post 6 random things about myself. Some things you may already know; some things may be news to you. Here goes:
1. I have naturally curly hair which I loved when I was younger, but now I straighten my hair every day. Until it grows out more I do it straight, otherwise I look 12 years old.
2. I recycle. My husband makes fun of me for this because we don't have curbside pickup so I wait for the paper and plastic to pile up then drive to the industrial park to drop everything off about once a month. For all I know everything ends up in the trash anyway because that place is so unorganized, but I keep doing it. I also just bought canvas grocery bags to reuse every time I go shopping.
3. I love to listen to music. I always play CDs while I'm cleaning or listen to my iPod while working. My favorites range from older artists like Elton John and James Taylor to my new favorites: Maroon 5, Nelly Furtado, Damien Rice, Joe Purdy, and on and on. Listening to music also involves lots of singing along--usually in the car!
4. I like to clean. Well, I like my house to be clean so I try to keep it that way but some days are harder than others when Jack follows me around like a tornado undoing everything I put away. My favorite thing is vacuuming and I do that at least twice a week. Love my Dyson. I hate cleaning my shower though.
5. I love reality TV, namely Survivor. I've watched every season faithfully and it's still my favorite. I also enjoy The Amazing Race, Top Chef, American Idol, and I'm ashamed to admit this one, but The Hills--if you want to call it reality.
6. And lastly, I'm a nerd. That's JP's contribution after I asked him for ideas. He always made fun of how much time I spent doing homework when we were dating. Now I work part time as a programmer but another career I considered was teaching math!
Now you've learned 6 random things about me. If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged.
4 comments:
Props to you for the recycling! Some people are lazy even with curbside pickup.
I'm with you on the vaccuuming...it's soothing. Plus when you have a little one on the floor all the time!
You don't look 12 with curly hair. You do realize people with straight hair don't feel sorry for you!
Who knew you were a huge music fan?...me too!
Yay! Thanks for playing Shelly!
What?! No Biggest Loser? So You Think You Can Dance? Those are my reality shows. :)
Good job recycling. Especially since you have to go out of your way to do it. I often wonder if the stuff actually gets recycled too. :) Am I sorting my stuff into two different trash bins for no reason?
Post a Comment