Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Morning Routine


Every morning when I hear that Jack is awake, I go in his room to be greeted by, "I sweep good." I usually ask him how he slept, but lately he doesn't even wait for the question before letting me know. As soon as he's out of bed he asks for a "show please." His routine is to watch a cartoon and eat breakfast while I finish up working then it's time to get ready for the day. When I take a shower, I'll get out some toys or a coloring book to distract Jack and usually a snack because I'll be honest, some time passes between breakfast and the time I actually make it to the shower! Jack really looks forward to this morning snack and loves to eat it in front of the "hot fire" which is a small space heater I keep in the bathroom. If I happen to shower before Jack gets up or if JP is around in the morning to keep Jack entertained, Jack will still enjoy his morning snack and tell me, "Mom, get in shower." The two things go hand in hand for him and he sticks to his routine!

6 comments:

Troy and Segi said...

Hey Shelly,
I am glad that I found your blog. Well I missed you at the game tonight but don't worry, it was a slaughter. Jack is so stinkin cute. I hope you don't mind that I added you as a blogging buddy. Talk to you later

ash said...

Shelly- He is so dang cute!! How fun that he has his own little routine!!

Erin said...

He is such a cutie Shell!

Heather said...

love that routine! I agree with everyone else, he is so cute!

Chuck Liddiard said...

J.P. and Shelly, its been awhile. This is Chuck Liddiard from SUU. I'm married and in Richmond, VA now. It looks like you have a great family. Drop me a line sometime: tcliddiard@gmail.com. Take care.

Becca said...

Cute, cute, cute!