Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Two Cents

I've decided to join Shelly in her blogging efforts. With the new baby coming soon, she will need help to keep the public informed of what's going on here (as if any of you really care)! I wanted to share some pictures off my camera with what we've been up to this summer.

A couple weeks ago, I got to play three golf courses I've never played before with my Uncle Wally. In Las Vegas we played TPC Las Vegas at the Canyons. I forgot my camera that day (rookie blogger), but it was the nicest, most well-run course I've ever played. Then the next week we played up north at Thanksgiving Point which is the nicest course I've played in Utah. The greens were huge with at least two tiers and a lot of water. Every hole was hard in its own way.



The last course we played was Talon's Cove. Amy's husband Chris joined us on this course. We teed off at 6:00 a.m. and for the first hour the course was covered with mosquitoes. This course is right on Utah Lake and has the second longest par 3 in the state--it is 263 yards and I of course got a bogey.

Other than golf, we've gone camping at Pine Valley where I helped my nieces go fishing. Here is Asha, proud of her catch.

We've also done a lot of swimming and last weekend we borrowed the Gibb's big blow-up slide which Jack always loves.

8 comments:

Troy and Segi said...

wow! Im impressed JP For a rookie you can pass as a professional blogger

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you J. What a good husband

Auntie Ann said...

J.P. what a surprise! Love this post...but will it ever happen again???

Goodfellow Family said...

Easy JP! So fun to check out your blog. I am excited to see the new little one. Good luck. Loves!Sarah

Emily said...

Tell the truth JP, did you really post this all by yourself?! Only asking because I'm still trying to figure it all out and I can't have you showing me up!

Anonymous said...

That is a long par 3! Wish I was there.

Valerie said...

J-Just wanted to extend a warm welcome to the blogging community. Nothing says tough like adding blogger to your resume!! You can never give me crap again.

Ryan Burton said...

Yo JP, it's been a long time... Ashley found your guys' blog yesterday, so I thought I'd check it out. You need to let me know next time you come to Thanksgiving Point, I live across the street at Traverse Mountain (behind Cabellas).

Ryan Burton