Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ry-boy

I don't know how JP comes up with his nicknames for people, but they usually stick so Ryan is known as "Ry-boy" around here. The other day Jack asked me how to spell Ryan's name so I listed each letter which he wrote and then repeated, "R-Y-A-N, Ry-boy!" I'm not certain if he knows that's not his real name! Whatever he goes by, my baby is now a 2-year-old as of last Wednesday.

At this age, Ryan is super sweet when he wants to be sweet and super stubborn when he wants to be difficult. He's starting to become more of a talker and repeats a lot of words we help him with which is nice because he can get frustrated easily when trying to communicate. He's still a good eater (unlike his brother) and (like his brother) LOVES fruit. One of his favorite things is sharing a peach or apple with Dad when he gets home from work. For his birthday, his aunt Jenny got him a backpack full of snacks because she knows how much he loves treats. He'll do a little dance at the pantry door whenever he knows he's about to get something to eat because he's so excited.

He's a marathon sleeper and only rarely has a rough night when he doesn't feel well. I have to open his bedroom door when I'm ready for him to wake up from his nap or he'll sleep over 3 hours and end up staying up too late. Ryan's a dare-devil and not afraid to climb things, thinking he can do anything Jack can and then some. He comes unglued if JP and Jack go somewhere and don't include him--he knows he's one of the boys and won't let them forget it!


Like most kids their age, Jack and Ryan can play really well together one minute and fight over every toy the next. Jack is pretty patient with Ryan and I love when we pick him up from preschool and he shares whatever he made with Ryan.



We had a fun family party combined with Zaya and JP (Happy Birthday today J!!) and our living room looked like Christmas morning with all the wrapping paper--spoiled kids! Ryan loved all the attention and thanks to aunt Katie--he got a baby doll to love on and feed a bottle. I don't know what JP had against it since it's nothing like I remember playing with babies. The boys both hold the doll by the leg and randomly drop it on the floor. Ryan pokes her eyes that close by themselves and is very curious about what's on under her clothes. Boys.

Thanks to everyone for the fun birthday celebration. We love our Ry-boy!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

How fun!! I love the post. Your kids are so cute and you are such a great mom. I love brothers. I'm so glad that my boys are pretty close in age like yours. It makes life easier (most of the time).

Hayley said...

Happy Birthday Ryan and JP!

Erin said...

He's looking so grown up. Happy Birthday Ryan!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday to Ryan and JP! It looks like fun was had by all!