Wednesday, November 17, 2010

a whole lot of random...

An unorganized post with lots of pictures is better than no post at all, right Hayley?

Earlier this fall we headed to Staheli Farm to check out the animals and take a tractor ride to the pumpkin patch. Ryan was terrified of the turkeys as you can see and refused to look at most the animals. Moments after that picture, he took off running and crying. They are pretty loud and intimidating. We failed in the pumpkin carving category this year, but at least we still have Jack's pick below decorating our front porch.





*Side note--I love the look of longer hair on little boys, whether it's curly or straight, but the one thing it can't be is super fine. I tried growing Ryan's hair for months and it was a mop on top with not much on the sides or back. I gave up my dreams and had it chopped the day after this picture. It looks much better and he looks like such a big boy!


A couple weeks ago we headed to Page for the annual hot air balloon regatta. When we woke up Saturday morning we piled in our car and drove by the golf course to snap some pictures.



It was a fun visit even though we didn't strike it rich by participing in the ball drop on Main St. Maybe next time although I'm pretty sure the contest is rigged!



Lately both Jack and Ryan are obsessed with Legos. They will spend a good hour (that's a lot for a certain two-year-old) building things and showing off their creations. Ryan likes to pick all the smallest pieces and make a tower--usually consisting of several Lego heads. We have a pretty small collection so maybe Santa will have to bring some more soon.




Both boys have taken to waking up in the middle of the night lately and calling for Mom. It's been super fun to be reminded of what it's like to have a newborn and not get a full night's sleep, but hopefully they're back on track now that Jack is using a night light and I found what works for getting Ryan back to sleep. He's so stubborn and refuses to lay in his crib sometimes so I made him a bed on his floor and he thinks it's the greatest. I've done it a few times so far and he stays put so we'll see how long before he throws me another curve ball.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Thank you for the post Shelly, I'll take anything! And I liked Ryan's hair long.

Heather said...

Your boys are so stinkin cute. I love the post! Parker has been waking up too and I'm ready to kill him. Claire already wakes up and I feel like I am up all night as it is.

Erin said...

They are such cute boys! There was nothing "mop" about Ryan's hair, but then look at my boys, what do I know?