This year the boys both picked a Halloween costume that I thought I could handle making. Ryan wanted to be a cowboy like Jack was when he was younger and Jack chose a pirate. I made them both a simple vest out of felt and put the rest together with things from the dollar store or what we already had on hand--minus Jack's pirate pants which were courtesy of his talented aunt Hayley!
Here they are before the ward Trunk-or-Treat where they got their first round of some candy and fun games.
And on Halloween night where we met up with the cousins in Katie's neighborhood.
You know you're a tough cowboy when you have an actual cut over your eye to complete the look.
No costume fun for Nash this year, but I finally got some pictures of the boys holding their baby brother--which they love to do. In the bottom shot of Ryan, he was watching his morning cartoon and not really loving the distraction of my picture taking so he told me to take Nash and "feed him his lunch."
The other day the boys came running inside and told me to come take a picture of the praying mantis on their play set so they could show it to Dad later. When JP got home, Ryan told him all about the "green lantis" they found outside!
And the boys are already figuring out what they want to be for Halloween next year...as if it won't change a hundred times before then.





No comments:
Post a Comment