One month ago my baby turned ONE! so this is more like a 13-month update, but better late than never. Nash is at such a fun stage right now. He's figuring a lot out, trying to communicate more, smiles and thinks it's funny to be told no... He is still very noisy and does lots of grunting, especially when food is involved and he needs it ASAP. He is a much better eater than I remember the older boys being at this age and he loves trying new things. He has to do it himself though--if you give him a bite of what you're eating, it has to go in his hand and not his mouth because the messier the better. He still loves milk and has completely weaned from nursing, which has resulted in the best update of all--sleeping through the night! It was a longer time coming and a lot trickier than with Jack and Ryan, but we worked it out and finally no more early wake-up calls for this tired mom.
Nash has some cute things he does like his sort-of somersault where he puts his head down and sticks his bum up and just hangs out like that for a minute. I also love when I'm holding him and he tries to get my undivided attention by leaning down and looking up at my face so I can't help but look right at him and his cheesy grin. He also holds his hand out and opens and closes it like a wave but it means "come here" or "pick me up."
He is still not walking or standing on his own, but he pulls himself up to everything and manages to make huge messes by emptying drawers, pulling out books, undoing my folded laundry. I don't know how anyone with a 1-year-old can have a clean home because I sure can't keep up with everything this boy gets into. That's ok though--we'll just keep enjoying this stage because I know it goes by quickly.


1 comment:
He is so adorable!! Can't wait to see him in a few weeks!
Post a Comment