Thursday, March 5, 2009

5 Months


Time is going by way too fast and I need my baby to stop growing! Ryan is a lot of fun at five months. He is usually happy and content with whatever is going on and if he's not, he'll let you know by his screeching! Just recently he has started yelling when he wants to be picked up or needs to be rescued from his brother. Sometimes it's cute, but I'm sure it will get old!

I'm pleased to say he's finally sleeping better...not through the night yet, but I can live with one feeding. He goes to bed a lot earlier than Jack did as a baby so it's nice to have some time in the evenings to get other things done. I gave him rice cereal for the first time tonight and he was pretty into it. I'm sure he'll like it more as he gets used to eating it. He's definitely interested in the food we eat and we'll usually hear more of his yelling when we're having dinner because he's desperate to try something.

Ryan stills drools all the time and usually has a wet shirt. He's fascinated with his tongue and it's cute to see it sticking out all the time. He's not a cuddly baby--he prefers to be standing instead of sitting on my lap and he can be pretty rigid most the time when you hold him. However...the past couple times I've left him for a while, he's so relieved to see me when I get home again that he just buries his face in mine until he feels better. It's sweet and I love him!

2 comments:

Troy and Segi said...

He's a cutie pie. Im glad to hear that he is sleeping better at night.He is starting to look more like Jack everyday.

Dana G said...

About him not cuddling and being rigid, Grandma Margie would have said, "This baby doesn't bend in the middle". He is sure growing and we can't wait to see him during spring break.