Thursday, May 6, 2010
Motherhood
Today when I picked up Jack's preschool carpool, he ran out to meet me and wished me a Happy Mother's Day and was so excited to give me a fancy Fruit Loop necklace and bouquet of flowers made out of tissue paper. On the way home he asked if his friends could come over to play and I told him we'd plan on it another day because our house was a mess and we needed to clean up first. (I was out of town over the weekend, got sick when I got back and the dishes and laundry were piling up). Fast forward to later in the day when Jack was asking me for help to spell words in his notepad. I didn't realize what he was doing at first, but he was making a To-Do list of what needed to be done so the house would be clean and his friends could come over. After we spelled "poster", he picked his Iron Man poster up off the floor and hung it with a magnet. After we spelled "sweep", he took the broom and dustpan and swept the kitchen floor. It was so sweet and it made me stop to think how lucky I am to be a mom and have two sweet boys who are so much fun. Even when I've felt lousy, my house is a mess and I don't have much patience, I'm reminded how much I love being home and spending my days with these two!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ahhhhhhhh. What a cute little guy. I'm sorry you got sick too, I'm definitely blaming Hayley for all of this and I don't think we should invite her next time. Happy Mother's Day.
OK, so now you've made me cry! I can not get enough of "my boy"! You are right-you have two sweet boys! And I am lucky to be Aunt Dana. Sorry to hear you were sick. Tell JP I said to clean his room!
Happy Mother's Day Shelly! Jack is such a cutie. I apologize for getting you sick... I think it was all Betsy's fault though, being around all those runny nosed preschoolers all day.
Post a Comment