What we were all excited to see...The Ocean!!

Like I said before, the water was freezing, but still fun to get your feet wet and jump some waves. Zach and Jack took turns being buried in the sand. It was all fine for Jack until he got out and realized he'd have to wash all that sand off in the cold water.

And Zach (the oldest of the cousins and most picked on by uncles--especially JP) was a good sport about being thrown in the ocean. He earned $6 for not crying once during all the teasing!

One of Jack's most favorite parts of this trip was all the time he got to spend with his cousins! They make for a busy, bunch of boys and look out to the first baby girl soon to join the mix (not by me--that's not an announcement).

The entire group:
One day during the week, we drove north to Astoria to check things out. We climbed the Astoria column which has over 160 stairs and is quite the workout on your legs, at least when you're carrying a 4-year-old boy who got too scared ten steps in. We were behind everyone else because Jack had to use the bathroom before we headed in, but I was determined we both see the top and we made it!
The view from the top...
We drove across that bridge into Washington so JP could say he'd been to a new state, bringing his total now to 11, which is probably the same number of states I haven't yet visited.
Like I said before, the water was freezing, but still fun to get your feet wet and jump some waves. Zach and Jack took turns being buried in the sand. It was all fine for Jack until he got out and realized he'd have to wash all that sand off in the cold water.

And Zach (the oldest of the cousins and most picked on by uncles--especially JP) was a good sport about being thrown in the ocean. He earned $6 for not crying once during all the teasing!
One of Jack's most favorite parts of this trip was all the time he got to spend with his cousins! They make for a busy, bunch of boys and look out to the first baby girl soon to join the mix (not by me--that's not an announcement).
The entire group:
One day during the week, we drove north to Astoria to check things out. We climbed the Astoria column which has over 160 stairs and is quite the workout on your legs, at least when you're carrying a 4-year-old boy who got too scared ten steps in. We were behind everyone else because Jack had to use the bathroom before we headed in, but I was determined we both see the top and we made it!
The view from the top...
We drove across that bridge into Washington so JP could say he'd been to a new state, bringing his total now to 11, which is probably the same number of states I haven't yet visited.

3 comments:
Right now while I'm sitting in my hot house, I wish I was back in Oregon. What great pictures, Shelly. You are a much better photographer than me or Dad, so we will definitely have to get copies sometime.
I love the one of Jack hitting Ryan. That is just what life is all about, at least for me anyway.
I know you posted this forever ago, but Makenna has the EXACT same look on her face right as she hits Gavin! Glad to see she isn't the only one! It looks like your summer has been a blast!
Post a Comment