He loves setting up his toys all around him before he goes to sleep. And of course he loves jumping and being naughty when I warn him he's going to get hurt!
But while we made the transition to a bed, Ryan was still very much attached to his beloved blanket. I've mentioned it before--it's a blanket JP's mom made for him when he was a baby, Jack used it, and now Ryan has loved it to shreds.

It was long overdue that he shouldn't be sleeping with it anymore--it was disgusting and dangerous since he could get all twisted up. I decided to take some scissors to it and I cut the two least damaged corners and sewed him some small blankets he could cuddle with. He watched me do it and thought it was a fine idea until it came time for his nap in the afternoon. He kept asking for his old blanket but I said it was broken. He never took a nap that first day and I can't remember the last time he missed one altogether. That night he complained some more and asked for the old blanket, but he slept good and we seem to be in the clear since a few days have passed. We'll see how long these corner blankets last now!
In other milestone news, Jack had his five-year checkup with the pediatrician the other day and we learned he weighs 31.5 pounds--the same weight as his four-year checkup when he was a couple inches shorter. I knew he was small, but I didn't realize he wasn't gaining any weight so we're on a mission to do just that. He's picky but does okay at mealtime so I'm just trying to get him to drink more milk and eat healthy snacks between meals. We'll go back in a few months to see if he's gained anything. I let him bring his DS as a bribe to be brave for his shots, which he was. Ready or not, time for kindergarten this fall!

3 comments:
my boys!!!
That blanket is hilarious! And I love how Ryan sets up all of his guys. So endearing. Sounds like Jack needs to eat lots and lots of french fries. I wish I was on his diet. :)
Your boys are so dang cute! That blanket really is gross! That is so funny! Brent already wants to move Claire into a bed. I don't think she's quite ready but apparently,he is! Good luck beefin' jack up!!!
Post a Comment