Sunday, April 3, 2011

Newsworthy

Later this year on 11/11/11, I will turn 33 years old! My Dad suggested I do something really exciting for such a unique birthday, like take a trip to Hawaii. While that would be a lot of fun, we’ll still be pretty homebound at that time after we bring home baby #3!! While my due date isn’t so number-catching, we’re all very much looking forward to October and the boys are excited to find out if they’ll be getting a baby brother or sister. I don’t think they fully understand yet how big a change this will be, but they love to comment on my belly getting bigger and ask random questions like, “what if the baby just falls out?”

I’m finally starting to feel back to normal and while I’m fortunate that I don’t get nauseous or sick, I could not be more tired some days. Growing another human being inside your body is hard work. JP snapped this photo when he got home one day that pretty much sums up how I feel in the afternoon. I get exhausted keeping up with Jack and Ryan but they don’t see why Mom still can’t be entertaining even if I’m just being used as a backrest.


When I do have energy, I have a long list of nesting projects to hopefully tackle before this fall. I can check two big items off the list though as we are now proud owners of a spacious minivan and Ryan stubbornly conceded to being potty-trained! I could not be more happy about that development because I’ve never known such a strong-willed kid and he had to come around on his own because there is no amount of coaxing, bribing, or even forcing that boy to do anything he doesn’t want to do. Like sleep in his own bed for example; that would be nice to get a good night’s sleep without him showing up at my bedside night after night.

(Jack's version of flying a kite and one of the first days Ryan was willing to wear underwear.)

We think 2011 is going to be a pretty good year!

10 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! Being pregnant is exhausting, I would be happy to watch your boys any day. I love that last picture of them, so cute!!!
Congrats on the new minivan, I really like it. And great job getting that boy potty trained! I'm excited for you to find out what you're going to have!!!

Steph said...

Congrats cute girl!!! I am so happy for you guys. 2011 is going to be a good year!!

Burton said...

So happy for you! That is exciting! And I wish I could say that both my boys were potty trained.... some day :)

Emily said...

YAY! Love the last pic of Jack and Ryan. What cute boys!

Anonymous said...

Yay! We're so excited for you guys
!!

Erin said...

I was wondering but I didn't want to ask. YEAH! I'm SO happy for you. We're going to have babies together again. :) Sorry you've been so sick and tired. I'm right there with you. #3 has been harder huh? So you have to tell me how you managed to get Ryan potty-trained. Evan is that same stubborn kid and won't budge on the issue. Ideas?

Erin said...

Congratulations!!! Growing a human being is tiring...I hope you get some rest :)

rebecca said...

Oh, what great news! Congrats, Shelly and boys. Three is a big change for sure. Enjoy!

I'm pretty sure Ryan is younger than Nathan and he just barely completed potty training. So you're ahead of the game. Good job!

Jill said...

Super excited for you guys!!!

Heather said...

That news is so exciting! Glad to hear you are doing well!