Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oh, What a Busy Day!

That's the title of Jack's favorite book currently and I feel like that's how every day has been around here lately! We've been having a fun summer with lots of little trips including camping last weekend and a night in Las Vegas this week. I've had lots of laundry to do so my house would stop smelling like campfire mixed with casino and Jack's been giving me a run for my money this week by not taking naps. I don't know who that's harder on, me or him?

Here are a few pictures from our overnight camping trip to Pine Valley.


It was crazy how much stuff we had to pack for just one night of camping: sleeping bags, food for dinner and breakfast the next morning, dutch oven, charcoal, change of clothes, fishing poles and supplies, chairs...you would have thought we were going to be gone for a week after we had everything loaded up. Fortunately Jack and I slept in Katie's trailer--the only way to camp when pregnant! Even still, I was ready to come home by the afternoon of the second day--I can only stand to be dirty and smell like smoke for so long. JP got in plenty of fishing time and even helped Asha and Cricket reel some in.

Jack was pretty impressed with seeing Dad's catch up close, but he was shocked when JP asked him if he wanted to touch it.


And here are a couple from our night in Las Vegas. JP was invited to play golf with his uncle Wally and that was excuse enough to get away for one night. We stayed at the MGM Grand where they have a lion habitat we checked out and the kids each got a little lion stuffed animal.

We enjoyed the pool for a little while in the morning and did some shopping before heading home. I finally have some maternity clothes that fit even though it's not really fun shopping for things you can only wear for a couple months!

Jack has a chocolate donut in one hand, powdered donut in the other, and Asha's swim shorts on because I forgot to pack his. Super cute!

4 comments:

Rob and Heather said...

Pine Valley looks beautiful. It sounds like you had a great night. Jack is so cute with the two doughnuts in his hands.. Love that!

Auntie Ann said...

Your camping trip looks like so much fun (and very fancy with the rug)! Im loving the doughnuts!

Anonymous said...

I don't know I think you could start a new trend with boys wearing girls swim shorts. Why not? They wear their jeans.

Erin said...

I miss camping so much. Jack looks so cute in those pjs, and every other photo of course.

"No naps" are definitely harder on moms.