Thursday, January 29, 2009

3 Years

Hard to believe three years have passed since Jack was born. He quickly went from my baby to a little boy once we had Ryan and I love watching him as a big brother. He always makes sure Ryan has a toy or something to keep him entertained and he constantly checks with me to see if I've changed his diaper. I especially love how he calls him "Baby Wy-nan".

On the big day of Jack's birthday we thought it would be fitting to try out Jumpin Jacks and we headed over in the afternoon with the cousins. I wouldn't recommend going there on a Saturday...it was an absolute zoo and we didn't stay long after Jack was walked all over as he carefully climbed up the ladder of the big slide. He had plenty of fun though before we headed home for presents and treats--his request was blue cupcakes with Batman.



Some of Jack's favorite things are playing with his cousins, going to the park, watching movies in a tent, eating snack mixes (fruit snacks, cereal, crackers...whatever we find in the panty thrown in one dish), wrestling with Dad, telling bedtime stories with mom and playing with his baby brother. I love when he tells me on a daily basis, "I luf you, you're my best friend!" He's always saying cute things like the other day when he was coloring, he showed me the picture he was working on and said, "Mom, is that a very good idea or a stupid good idea?" He's one funny kid.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Your boys are so darling..I know I say that everytime! I can't believe how much they look alike in that first picture! It looks like he had a great day!

Heather said...

Sounds like he is a big helper, that is so nice. I love the picture of him by his cup cakes. He looks so proud and impressed. It's priceless.

Mary said...

What a big, big boy!
Happy Birthday Jack!