Sunday, July 19, 2009

About Time

It's about time I had a new post but time is hard to come by these days. We've been enjoying a busy summer, having fun and surviving the heat. Jack just started swim lessons and is already more confident in the water but struggles having the patience to participate through the whole class. He's always excited to go back the next day though so that's a good start.


We just got back from a couple quick trips including one to meet the boys' newest cousins, Luke and Wade. Such cute tiny babies...and they make my baby seem giant.
We've also been having fun every week with the cousins we live by. I told JP if I posted this picture, Katie wouldn't let us watch her kids anymore, but he insisted it was safe to send them all flying down the wet slide.
And Sage gave as good as she got in this water fight. JP happened to block the bucket she tried tossing on him right as I took this picture!

Ryan continues to keep me busy by insisting to stay within a one-foot radius of me. When I'm trying to get us all out the door on time and need to keep him occupied, I'll put him in his bouncy toy and the other morning he bounced himself right to sleep! It was sweet and sad--you can't tell in this picture, but his little legs were slowly going up and down even though his eyes were closed.





This summer we've also been enjoying our garden and the seemingly endless supply of zuchinni, tomatoes and squash. JP has been making salsa every week.




Until next time...

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Oh Shelly, I love those pictures of the babies, I need a copy.

Dana G said...

I want some salsa!

Rob and Heather said...

Looks like everyone is enjoying the water slide. What a fun thing to do to keep cool in the summer. The salsa looks Yummy! I bet you are loving your garden. I am so jealous.

Auntie Ann said...

It was so fun to see you guys at Simone's party!