Thursday, January 6, 2011

December

December was a fun, busy month for us filled with lots of visitors and a trip up north to visit our family there. We saw the lights at Temple Square, exchanged gifts with cousins, ate lots of yummy food, and saw the nativity show at Tuacahn. It's been a cold month even for us and we loved waking up to snow TWO different mornings.





I love having a crafty mom because that means my boys have a crafty grandma who makes them a countdown to Christmas pillow with ABC ornaments! Jack loves everything ABC lately so he was excited to do this every day until only "Z" was left...


...and then it was Christmas Eve!! We had a delicious dinner that included steak, crab legs and homemade croissants. This year Jon was joined in his traditional trumpet playing by Dewy on the recorder. After opening some new PJs, we headed home and got ready for Santa to come.


Both boys woke up too early--Jack to use the bathroom and Ryan just because he's difficult--so they ended up in our bed and JP woke us all up again at 7:30.


Jack was thrilled with his new Lego's and Lego video games--plus what he wanted most from Santa--a Nintendo DS. Ryan loved his new tools and cheap little robot bug most.


And this is why Lola only gets a stuffed toy once a year. Poor skunk didn't last more than 5 minutes.


It was a fun day and we're ready for a fun new year with lots to look forward to. I've made some resolutions and one of them is to take more pictures. After both boys were born I would take pictures all the time and now we're back to only getting out the camera for holidays and special events. Not just more pictures, but better pictures and do something with them like make a book--that's been on my list for a while. I like this idea to get me started. And this is the year I hope to get a nice camera instead of my trusty point and shoot. Two years in a row now I've returned the DSLR cameras JP tries to get me for Christmas because I'm cheap like that--but we'll see later this year! (I have no resolutions to curb my cheapness).

1 comment:

Erin said...

And yet again our oldest's are into the same things. Ethan got the exact same things for Christmas...minus the pillow pet. I just couldn't do that. Lol. Glad you guys had a nice holiday.