This past week we celebrated Jack's 5th birthday and had quite the exciting week. First he got to celebrate with his preschool class by taking the treats and a poster we worked on about his favorite things (and I forgot to take a picture). Most his favorites were nothing new to me, but I did learn he wants to be a spy when he grows up. After school, we got Happy Meals for all his little carpool friends and they had a picnic in the park. Later that evening we had an early party with our family here and served up an exciting menu of Jack's choosing which included macaroni & cheese and ice cream sundaes for dessert. He had fun opening his gifts and if all that wasn't enough, we spent the next day packing up and getting ready for a quick road trip to Disneyland!! (More on that to come...)
Some things about Jack at this age:
*You are smart and inquisitive, always asking what words say or showing me what you've learned. You like to create things and take pride in doing things just so like coloring in the lines.
*You are sensitive and don't like to get your feelings hurt. Whether you think you're going to get in trouble for something or you don't like to be laughed at (even when you say something cute and funny), you might easily get upset.
*You're a good big brother and even though you know exactly how to push your little brother's buttons, you like playing together and getting him as excited as you are about fun things.
*You love playing with your friends and cousins and have a great imagination. You'll do anything from pretending you're a super hero to playing "Mom and Dad" or having a tea party!
*You have a recent love of video games and can't get enough. We had to quickly set limits or you'd play all day if we let you. Your favorite is playing Lego Indiana Jones with Dad and getting so excited when you're the one to figure out how to pass the level.
*You're still a picky eater, but getting better about trying new things. And of course you still love all things FRUIT.
*You're pretty short and have to hear all the time about how Ryan will be bigger than you before long, but we're thinking you'll hit a growth spurt at some point...and nothing wrong with being short in my opinion!
*You are so much fun to have around and I can't believe five years have gone by since I first became a mom. You need to stop growing up so fast so you can be my little boy for a long time!
*You are sensitive and don't like to get your feelings hurt. Whether you think you're going to get in trouble for something or you don't like to be laughed at (even when you say something cute and funny), you might easily get upset.
*You're a good big brother and even though you know exactly how to push your little brother's buttons, you like playing together and getting him as excited as you are about fun things.
*You love playing with your friends and cousins and have a great imagination. You'll do anything from pretending you're a super hero to playing "Mom and Dad" or having a tea party!
*You have a recent love of video games and can't get enough. We had to quickly set limits or you'd play all day if we let you. Your favorite is playing Lego Indiana Jones with Dad and getting so excited when you're the one to figure out how to pass the level.
*You're still a picky eater, but getting better about trying new things. And of course you still love all things FRUIT.
*You're pretty short and have to hear all the time about how Ryan will be bigger than you before long, but we're thinking you'll hit a growth spurt at some point...and nothing wrong with being short in my opinion!
*You are so much fun to have around and I can't believe five years have gone by since I first became a mom. You need to stop growing up so fast so you can be my little boy for a long time!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday to cute Jack! Sounds like a perfect day for him. And Disneyland!! WAHOO. So. much. fun.
He really is one of my favorite little boys. He is so stinkin' cute! I hope that you had a wonderful time in Disneyland!
I love that he plays "Mom and Dad." Kenna loves Jack!!! Happy birthday Jack!
Fun! Disneyland! I can't believe he's five. How time flies. Such cute little highlights of his personality. Happy birthday, Jack.
He likes to push his little brother's buttons...huh...I recall at one time living with his mom who liked to push her roommate's buttons :)
PS I'm coming to Cedar/San Jorge/Vegas in March (I believe the first weekend) I would love to see you!
Post a Comment