Monday, May 2, 2011

A losing battle...

As with most (I assume) two-year-olds, I have to pick and choose my battles with Ryan. What is worth putting up a fight for or what should I not even waste time on because I can't win? Some days this includes what he wears. Often I can distract him or convince him to wear the outfit of my choosing, but this was not one of those days. He was very particular, right down to the socks.

The other day we went to the grocery store and he wore pajamas. He prefers Jack's shoes to his own even though they constantly fall off. The following picture sums up several other battles I'm losing.

I can't get him to give up the binky/blanket yet, can't get him to wear a bib when he eats, can't get him to take a nap in his own bed...you get the idea! Not to make him sound completely difficult though--he can be a very good boy, just very opinionated! We have some work to do before he's no longer the baby of the house. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Burton said...

Good luck!!! I really needed to read your post today, it made me feel sooo much better! I am totally right there with ya right now. what happened to my sweet 2 yr old that did everything i told him to do and was so sweet and perfect? glad to know its not just me being a horrible mother!

Heather said...

It's a good thing he's so cute! I think we all know what you mean, there are some things with my kids that I don't even argue anymore, it's just not worth the fight!

Erin said...

The binky fairy worked awesome for us for both boys. They have to give their binkies to the babies that need them and the fairy brings a toy the next morning. It was a hard 3 days for Evan...but that was it. 3 days and it was over.

Lyndsi said...

What is it with boys and what they wear?! I battle it almost every day with Gavin. So don't judge me on what he looks like! Because I have given up the battle as well. Makenna could care less what I put her in. There is definitely something wrong with this picture. Hang in there. Hopefully his stubbornness (is that a word) wears off soon!