Monday, August 18, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Last weekend we made the switch from the crib to a twin bed for Jack. I put it off as long as I could because he sleeps so well at night and takes good naps, but we wanted him to get used to the change before all the other big changes coming up. For some reason this was such a hard transition for me--the first couple nights anyway. I was so paranoid because the bed rail we bought to keep him from falling off wouldn't work; it's a captain style bed and the mattress sits down in the wood so finally we rigged our own guard to keep him in. Between the times he woke up confused the first night and the times I woke up on my own to check on him, I was literally up every hour until morning! He was fine after another night of getting used to it and I've relaxed now--even though he did fall out for the first time last night!



Jack loves to show off his big boy bed to anyone who comes over. He loves the secret hiding place underneath and of course, jumping.



(Don't be fooled by the underwear--potty training is still quite the work in progress).

7 comments:

rebecca said...

Yay big boy! This is a big deal! We just moved Madeline a couple months ago. She doesn't even have a real bed though - just a matress on the floor. :) Jack's bed is beautiful! Lucky kid. I hope you start sleeping well again soon - then you'll have this baby and start the sleepless nights all over again. :) Sigh.

Emily said...

What a big boy, Jack!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see jack and the baby's room. It's crazy how fast these kids grow up!

Troy and Segi said...

way to go Jack! I also had a hard time when Teni transitioned to a big boy bed, maybe even harder then he did. I hope the potty training is going good.

Valerie said...

I was wondering about those hot undies, but good luck with that in the future. The bed is adoreable. Did Jon just whip that up one night after work? Looks great and he looks so cute, as usual.

Brandt said...

Hooray Jack! I love the big boy bed.

Lyndsi said...

Go Jack! I didn't sleep either the first couple of nights Kenna was in a big girl bed. I'm glad that all is going well and that you only have 6 weeks left! WAHOO!