Thursday, August 21, 2008

No Thanks

After my first blog post I took a lot of heat about my manhood. I was asked questions like, “Are you going to Enrichment this week?”, “When are you starting a bunko group?” and so on. If you think that sounds like something Scott Bracken would say, you would be right. In an attempt to reclaim some of my man cred I’ve chosen for post #2 to take on women everywere. What’s the deal with these dumb vampire love books? As if The Notebook wasn’t enough to make all women buy into an unrealistic amount of romance, now we’re supposed to compete with a love sick vampire? I know it’s not just our circle of friends that have been affected by the vampire love epidemic. All the places I go where men meet like the gym, the foyer during church, and places like that, the complaint about this book is the same, “My wife reads these books and then is on my case about not having enough romance in our marriage.” These are my thoughts… if I were a vampire I’m sure that would spice things up. Why is it OK for them to fall for a vampire? If a guy was like that about a witch in a Lord of the Rings book, he would be the biggest dork in the world, yet it’s OK for our wives to love some vampire? The last complaint I have is these being made into movies. Like most of you, it’s not the easiest thing to go to the movies and I’m supposed to waste one of those chances on vampire love? No thanks. I didn’t drag Shelly to Rambo 4. I propose we have a huge group date when this movie comes out and all the ladies can go to vampire love and all the men can go to anything else.

11 comments:

Brandt said...

Oh boy. You don't need to be so jealous of a vampire. And if you're not going to be romantic the least you can do is take your wife to one vampire movie. Sheesh!

Emily said...

This is Keoni. For the sake of mankind, I hope the last comment was made by Betsy and not Brandt. If it was made by Brandt...brother, grow a pair.

Brandt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandt said...

That was Betsy, not me. She really needs to go and get her own Gmail account so that she can post under her name. I am 1000% behind JP in his quest against the vampire love books. I hate hearing about them, and then being asked why I am not more like the vampires. Now I am being told that if I was more like a vampire I would not being posting against the books. I cannot win.

Collin Shaw said...

Vampires, WTF? I don't get the fascination with this series. Vampires, and Warewolves WTF? Plus the story takes place in Forks, WA. I lived near there on my mission, not much but a Reservation. Any guy who reads these stories gets their mancard taken away automatically, no questions asked. And there is no returning it after this. By the way this is Collin, Brandt's cousin

Jaimers said...

Yo, JP!! I didn't know you were on here. How's it going? You've got such a lovely family. I totally agree with the vampire book thing, too. None of the girls I know over here read them, so it must just be a Mormon thing. I, personally, don't know what the appeal of a demon who's been dead for a hundred years and wants to suck your blood after he's already sucked loads of others blood to stay alive could really be romantic anyway. But, I am talking as someone who's never read the books, either. Good to see you on here.

Valerie said...

J, this is Scott.
Okay, you did some redeeming with this post. If I came home to tell val that I have a serious crush on Ensign Ro (star trek chick,... had to look that up) could you imagine the reaction. If only I had known about the vampire thing sooner I could have gone home with alot more than a bag of cheap candy on Halloween .... stupid frankenstein custome.

TC said...

More power to you JP! I'm glad someone finally said cause I know you, me, Keoni, Brandt and every other man out there is thinking it!

Anonymous said...

J.P. I'm ashamed at you. These books are the closest things to pornography us mormon girls can get. You should support that.

Jenny said...

I would like everyone to know that you are really obbessed with the Lord of the Rings, you just can't admit it the way women can. I proudly stand and say, "Go Vampire Love"!

Troy and Segi said...

quit knockin this book. it's the only thing keeping me sane at this time