Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ryan?

We decided on our baby's first name early on this pregnancy, but we're stuck on what to do for a middle name. Before Jack was born, we took a vote with our family and narrowed down our list of about 10 names to 3. It was close between Toby and Jack, but in the end we wanted another J.P. and named him Jack Paul; his middle name coming from his dad, grandpa, and great-grandpa.
So we figured we'd put it to a vote again--this time for Ryan's middle name. The choices are in the poll to the right, but I'll explain each one a little bit:

*Corbett: This is my dad's middle name and grandma's maiden name.

*Dylan: This isn't a family name, but I've always liked it and think it goes well with the full name.

*Hunter: This is another name we both like and considered as a first name. JP's cousins have this for a last name.

*Walker: JP's cousin's name, but I think he's pulling for this one because he's a closet Walker, Texas Ranger fan.

*Wallace: JP's uncle's name and brother's middle name.

So cast your vote in the poll or leave a comment with a name not listed if you have a good idea. We'll narrow it down and see what we come up with!

10 comments:

rebecca said...

I voted Corbett. I'm totally biased of coure, because it's my dad's middle name, my grandma's maiden name, and my son Matthew's middle name. :) I love it.

patrice stanford said...

Elijah....JP's great grandfather's name

Mary said...

Ryan Walker DeWitt...I think I like it!
I hope you're feeling well. It won't be long now...easy for me to say!

Brandt said...

YOu can never go wrong with Walker Texas Ranger.

Rob and Heather said...

I like how Ryan Hunter DeWitt sounds. No reason, just think it sounds cute!. There ya have it! Hope ya have luck on picking a middle name!

Troy and Segi said...

I have to agree with Heather, Ryan Hunter sounds good together.

Valerie said...

Shel- voted Corbett because I think a middle name should be there for a reason (your first name has meaning so that could cancel out this argument). 2nd- J may not agree, but you used his family for Jack's name and now it is your family's turn. It's only fair. I put way too much cents in. Sorry. Good luck.

Lynsie said...

Have you seen this?

http://www.geldmachers.blogspot.com

Jes Taylor said...

Hello Shelly!
I hope you remember me! I randomly came across your blog and I thought I'd say hi. I'm glad things are good with you and your family! You can check out my wife's blog at:
http://baddayathomebetterthangooddayatwork.blogspot.com/

Email me sometime! jes_taylor@msn.com

Jes Taylor

Jill said...

I say Hunter ... I just like it!